Friday, November 27, 2009

Fast Friend Friday - Version 2


GAIL SHIRE

I realized I get little wordy in my posts. . . so sorry !!! I will try to keep it short, but you know women, we have a tendency to carry on, and on, and on !!!

My friend Gail . . . where to start . . . I have know Gail for about 3 1/2 years now. We met on the pool deck where both our sets of kids are water logged each day !! We developed a friendship pretty quickly and have enjoyed pretty much the whole 3 1/2 years !! Gail pretty much tells it like it is and that is refreshing !!!! She MEANS no ill will towards anyone, yet sometimes her Jewish ways gets her into pickles . . . get it Gail, pickles !! She is a momma bear through and through but more than just fight for her kids, she spends HOURS worrying about, caring about, dreaming about her kids ! Trying to provide for her kids the best she knows how !!

Gail is not a single parent and has a devoted husband who is a wonderful father, however, his profession keeps him traveling many weeks a month, including weekends, so at times, she is like a single parent !!! Gail is a caring, sharing, open friend who would give you the shirt off her back if you asked her for it !!

Our families have been road trip partners to out of town swim meets, our husbands train, run, ride and swim together, our kids hang out, and even when not associated with swimming, we may take a day trip to Valley of Fire, or Red Rock for a hike !! Good people, Good family, GREAT friend !!!

We got to spend Thanksgiving at Gail's house this year, and this little story will tell you how comfortable I am with her. First, we were about 1 1/2 hours late - Sauerbrei time is what I call it !!! Then, I made 'fried pickles' as appetizers - - not so much traditional, but good none the less !! We had probably the most moist bird I have EVER eaten - thanks Scott for the deep fried masterpiece - - and the best all around dinner in years !!! Her brother and sister were there, AND she invited our dogs to come hang out with their sister (her dog) for the day !!! Extra brownie points on that one Gail !! But then, we all adjourn to the living room, and we are flippin' through all the ads for "Black Friday" and I proceed to curl up in a little ball and take a 1 hour nap in the middle of everything !!! That is when you know you are comfortable at a friends, when your friend makes you FEEL comfortable and welcome, and when you can say . . . Gail, you are my friend !!!

I love you, I stand by you, I am proud to say . . . YOU ARE A SIDEKICK and I am in good company !!!

Life is Good . . . .

No comments: